Frequently asked questions
Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions. Here you will find the answer to questions that have been asked in the past. To find the answer on a specific question please use the search function or select a specific category. If you're question is not yet answered in the FAQ, than please contact us directly through our contact page.
- How do I prepare Kabrita goat milk formula?
Kabrita goat milk formula can be prepared according to the instructions below. The preparation of the formula is always indicated on the tin as well, and may slightly differ between products and/or countries. Your baby's health depends on carefully following the preparation and storage instructions.
- Prepare the milk no more than 1 hour before feeding. Wash your hands thoroughly before preparing the milk.
- Boil the bottle and nipple for approx. 10 min to sterilize.
- Fill the bottle with the correct amount of boiled water and let it cool down to approx. 40°C.
- Add the indicated amount of Kabrita Gold to the corresponding amount of water.
- Cap the bottle and shake well until the powder is dissolved. Test the temperature on the inside of your wrist.
- How long can I keep Kabrita goat milk formula once prepared?
Prepare the milk no more than 1 hour before feeding.
Throw out unfinished formula left in the bottle after your baby’s feed.
- What is the shelf life of Kabrita goat milk formula?
The shelf life of Kabrita goat milk formula varies between different countries, due to external factors such as the overall temperature.
You can find both the production date and the expiry date printed on the bottom of the tin and if in doubt you can always contact your local Kabrita distributor for more information.
- Why should I give my toddler Kabrita 3 Toddler Milk instead of regular goat milk?
Goat milk naturally contains a high levels of healthy nutrients. However, your toddler is currently in an important stage of its development. He or she will continuously learn new things, while at the same time becoming more and more active. This means that your toddler will have changing nutritional needs, which are not always as easy to meet in case of toddlers, who can be notoriously picky eaters. To be certain that your toddler gets the essential nutrients and energy needed, we developed Kabrita 3 Toddler Milk.
Kabrita 3 Toddler Milk has been enriched with additional nutrients to meet and support your toddlers changing demands, such as:
- Additional vitamin D: Contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- Good fatty acids (DHA): contributes to the normal development of the brain
- Extra iron: To support normal cognitive development
- FOS / GOS: Dietary fibers support the functioning of the digestive tract or Dietary fibers contribute to normal bowel function
- Less protein: To relieve the kidneys.
- Can I combine breast-feeding and bottle feeding?
Breast feeding is the ideal nutrition for your baby during the first 6 months. After this period, it is perfectly safe to combine breast-feeding with bottle feeding. It will probably take some time for your baby to get used to drinking from a bottle. It is important to slowly reduce the amount of breast feedings per day, e.g. replace 1 breast-feeding by 1 bottle-feeding every 3 to 4 days.
- How long can I use the formula after opening of the tin?
After opening the goat milk formula should be used within 4 weeks. Store the tin in a cool, dry and dark place (not in the refrigerator).
- How many feedings can be prepared with 1 tin Kabrita goat milk formula?
This depends on the quantity and number of feedings your baby needs. One tin of 800 g Kabrita produces around 6 liters of prepared formula. An indicative amount per feeding is always shown on the tin.Your physician can help you determining the exact amounts your baby needs.
- How do I store Kabrita goat milk formula after opening?
Store the opened Kabrita tin in a cool, dry and dark place (not in the refrigerator). Make sure to use the formula within 4 weeks after opening.
- I can’t find the spoon in my tin, what should I do?
Occasionally the spoon will sink through the powder. Try to keep the tin skewed and gently tap to move the powder around. This will help to locate and recover the spoon in your tin.